Position: Travel Advisor Apprenticeship
Company: Heather Christopher Travel Consulting, LLC
A boutique travel agency specializing in planning seamless vacations for time-starved and overwhelmed families and couples.
This is the perfect opportunity for:
- Someone who has traveled themself and enjoys the research- not just for their own trips but for others.
- Someone who focused on overall experience and not just price.
- Someone who believes in what travel creates: empathy and understanding for other cultures.
- This person must be self-motivated, driven, a quick learner, willing to think on their feet, detail-oriented and a great communicator via phone and e-mail.
- This apprenticeship is designed with the intent of the selected candidate becoming a travel advisor on the HCTC team.
Job Requirements and Expectations:
- Assisting Heather with all travel booking related components to include research, purchasing airline seats, making dinner reservations, building itineraries in our itinerary software, building + invoicing in our CRM, communicating with clients + vendors on Heather’s behalf.
- A valid passport and semi-flexible schedule
- Loves to travel and be pushed outside of their comfort zone, and has traveled to at least fifteen countries.
- Has planned their own travel and don’t consider price to be the #1 priority
- Has planned friends and family travel with enthusiasm
- Solution based thinker
- Exceptional organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail to deliver superior customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for luxury client care
- Ability to work independently in unstructured environment
- Ability to learn very quickly in fast-paced environment and use initiative
- Ability to master technical programs independently and quickly
- Familiar and comfortable with Google and GSuite products
- High School Diploma
- Must be available for at least 3 hours Monday, Wednesday, & Friday between the hours of 9:30AM – 2:30PM EST for online co-working. During the first 90 days, this is crucial, these can change after you’re no longer shadowing Heather.
- Available to step in when Heather is unavailable due to travel.
- Willing to assist traveling clients during non-business hours, when necessary.
HCTC Apprenticeship benefits:
- Direct mentorship + training from an industry veteran to encompass all components of being a travel advisor; sales, education, back office training, behavior on professional trips, finding clients, boundaries, career longevity, opportunity for travel and membership with Traveller Made.
- Half of your Certified Travel Advisor course (or similar) paid for with a two year contract.
- $10.50/hour, paid monthly, to start with roughly 10 – 15 hours a week
- At 90 days, we will evaluate your performance with the expectation that you’re ready to take on your own leads that I give you/you get.
- At six months, we’ll re-evaluate and determine the best course of action for you (based on your performance) with the ultimate goal of you making an 80/20 commission split.
- ClientBase, Traveljoy, Travefy
- Marketing skills
- Selling experience
While travel is a major component of this career, this is not for someone who just wants to travel “for free” or have a “side hustle”. While I realize this role may be on top of another part-time job you have currently, this is only for people serious in making planning others vacations a long term career. If I quickly realize that this isn’t for you, a discussion will be had immediately to not waste any time.
Interested candidate should email a cover letter and resume by Friday, January 31, 2019.
The ideal start date will be Monday, March 4, 2019.