First and foremost, I hope this note finds you healthy and sane. I wanted to touch base with you and answer some common questions I am receiving so I created a video to talk through it all with you!
Hopefully you don’t dislike watching videos 😉
But tell me I would love to know…how are you feeling about travel? Is there any additional information you need me to provide or clarify right now?
We are all feeling the feels, but we are also chomping at the bit to get back out there. There’s nothing like telling us “no” to anticipate the minute we can, right? So what types of destinations do you have you eye on as your first stop? Are you thinking more destinations you can drive to this summer? If so, tell us where you live and we’ll let you know whats within a few hours!
Thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding. Stay safe and healthy – we can’t wait to be out there exploring with you!
P.S. We donate $1/per night traveled every quarter to a charity. This quarter we chose to give over $200 in Starbucks gift cards to healthcare professionals and others working overtime for us! We also gave $50 to the Australian Red Cross (remember the wild fires?) and $50 to Direct Relief for assistance with Corona virus needs. As always, let us know your favorite charity so we can keep it on our ongoing list.
Meg, our very own Disney + family vacation expert (amongst other specialties), is also a super star homeschooling mom of four (doing it before it was cool…thank you, corona) has put together an AMAZING resource for us!
What’s Trending in the World of Travel Right Now
- We could always use a good laugh but right now especially. Check out this article in AFAR of hilarious National park posters inspired by one-star yelp reviews!
- Travel + Leisure put together a great list of 100+ fun things to do at home right now. If anything, it’s inspiring me even more to book my next trip 😉
- Is picking up some new photography skills on your quarantine bucket list? Nikon is streaming free photography classes until the end of the month. Can’t wait to see how you put it to use on your next #hctclients trip!
We’ve gotten so many great referrals from everyone this year that we wanted to say thank you – every quarter we’ll be giving away a $150 gift card to the airline of your choice. You can always direct your loved ones to the website and there’s a spot for your name right in the Plan Your Trip form!
Congratulations to Jessie & Rudi for winning Q1!
If you’ve loved the idea of traveling over what the travel industry calls Festive, which is the weeks of Christmas + New Year, we need to be speaking about it now! The average cost of a vacation during that time frame is double, if not triple, so booking early and understanding that it’s more expensive is key!
Some other good-to-know things about vacationing then:
- Most properties have a minimum night stay or a required dinner or two (if it’s not an all inclusive)
- Minimum night stays range from 5 – 14 nights depending on destination and popularity.