The past few weeks have been some of the busiest for HCTC clients! It’s always fun to see the trends cycle through for what’s popular at certain times of the year: currently New Zealand & Portugal are topping the list! If you don’t already follow our hashtag, I would highly suggest it. Not only do #hctclients have great travel taste but they also are impressive behind the camera! It might just get you inspired for your next trip 😉
Speaking of HCTC, our team was able to get together at the Sagamore Pendry Baltimore for a retreat a few weeks ago. Since being in the same room is rare, it was so nice to spend some quality time together, talk about our future goals, and, all in all, determine what we can do to make your experience as seamless and memorable as possible. And yes, I promise, an update on who’s on the team is coming very soon!
Last but not least, from my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful to have the opportunity to connect with you every month and hope your day is filled with all you love most.
What’s Trending in the World of Travel Right Now
- It’s official! Two more airlines are jumping on the bandwagon of miles that never expire! Those two are United Airlines and Southwest Airlines. You can read more about this specific to United Airlines in this AFAR article.
- The more included river cruise experience – a perfect topic since when your receive this I’ll be cruising the Rhine with 14 of you! Hope you’re following along if you’re on Instagram! We’re cruising with Viking River Cruises (cannot beat their airfare prices), there are few other river cruise lines that I really love for different reasons and this is where I get to play matchmaker for you, based on your needs, preferences and budget. They all run great specials on airfare making the pricing a really great value considering all that’s included (accommodations, guided touring, meals + wine/beer, airfare)! I am happy to customize pre and post river cruise plans, too!
- Travel Buying Myths: You should buy your airline tickets on a Tuesday for the best price. This started because of airlines loading fares at the start of the week, years ago, but it no longer works that way! If you’re already an #hctclients you’ve probably heard me say, “airfare is supply & demand”. The prices change based on availability minute – minute. We’ve all experienced the frustration and disappointment of looking at an flight price and going back 15 minutes later to purchase and it’s up by $179.34 😉 My best tip: what you see is what you get! If it looks good, buy it! I prefer using google.com/flights and setting a tracker on the route(s) you need, especially if you are planning at least 4 + months in advance. P.S. I’m happy to help plan a trip, even if you’ve already bought the flights 😉
- Love vacationing but dislike packing? Why not select a property that covers more for you meaning you pack less! Yes, this is a real thing and I love the concept! I am highlighting two properties below but if this interests you, let’s talk!
- Fiji’s Laucala Island’s 18-hole championship golf course – designed by Scotsman David McLay Kidd – is a golfer’s dream. With its challenging terrain and stunning Pacific Ocean views. But its best attribute is that golfers need simply show up. Bring nothing but their swing. Buggies, clubs, caddies and even a golfing pro (for tips) are provided.
- Vancouver Island’s Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is located in one of the last remaining ancient temperate rainforests in the world. But guests need not worry about weather. The ‘gear room’ is stocked with rain pants and jackets, rain boots, umbrellas, hats, gloves, floater suits (for whale watching and ocean fishing), life jackets, wetsuits (for surfing and stand up paddle boarding), fishing gear and waders in all sizes for all ages. From tiny to extra, extra large.
As always, let me know how I can help you plan your next trip!