We made it! We are wrapping up 2020 and I know we are looking forward to starting fresh in 2021. I am so thankful for your continued support, in the hardest year my beloved industry has ever faced, as is my family and team.
If you’re starting to eye fall or winter travel next year, please start reaching out – once the gates are open, it’s going to be a (beautifully anticipated and awaited for) flood of travel requests and bookings!
In other news, I am sharing four articles to help continue to inform you and guide you in traveling. Have specific questions you want to chat about? We are just an email or phone call away.
- According to CNN, travel advisors are your own “secret weapon amidst COVID-19. So glad you’re already in the know 😉 You can read the full article here.
- Kind news from National Park Service for our Gold Star families + Veterans. You can now enter the National Parks free! This article will take you through all the information you need to know.
- Where can Americans travel right now? You can find a guide by AFAR here. The CDC is also sharing travel recommendations in this article.
- State by state restrictions: You can read more about which states require what in this CNN article
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family! Please reach out if the HCTC team can assist you in safely seeing the world in 2021 and beyond.
Curious of HCTC Team’s favorite travel-inspired gifts? We created this blog post just for you! Will any of our favorites be added to your wishlists?
What’s Trending in the World of Travel Right Now
- American Airlines has officially dropped change fees on International flights! This officially went into effect on November 19th and applies to all but Basic Economy tickets. You can learn more about it in this AFAR article.
- Viking Star is the first cruise ship that will offer onboard COVID-19 testing and it’s officially here! Check out the full article by Forbes and where it will be cruising here.
- While Fiji remains predominantly closed to the outside world due to COVID-19, there is a way you can still experience the tropical island…the private island buyout. The private island resorts available are: Vatuvara Private Islands Resort, VOMO Island Fiji, Wakaya Club & Spa, Kokomo Private Island, Laucala Private Island, and Tavarua Island Resort. I am here to help plan this exclusive, tropical, socially-distanced getaway 😉
The above photos are courtesy of the hotels.
The next few months, properties featured here will be categorized by Tablet as “unusual”. By that, it’s the highest form of praise meaning that there are no other hotels like it.
Located in Zanzibar, Tanzania, you know they’re sincere in their love for contemporary design, but you don’t go all the way to Zanzibar for pan-global modernism — you go there for its utterly unique blend of Swahili and Arab cultures, and for the riotously eclectic architecture and design that’s created by this collision of traditions. Or, to put it more simply: you go to Emerson Spice. Once an aristocratic home, it comprises three landmark buildings set on a picturesque pedestrian-only street in the Kasbah, and is divided into a mere 11 rooms, each one lavishly decorated with a lifetime’s worth of antiques under high timbered ceilings. You can learn more here.
Sant’Angelo Luxury Resort
Located in Matera, Italy. When the first boutique hotel opened in Matera, the southern Italian town that’s famous for the dwellings carved into its limestone caves, it felt like a gesture that could never be repeated, but Matera has caught on among travelers in a big way, and there’s room in this town for a diversity of hotels. This one, Sant’Angelo Luxury Resort, is quite unlike any other; the owners have converted a whole neighborhood into a hotel, including a selection of traditional cave houses as well as a palazzo and a beautifully restored church. You can learn more here.
Tainaron Blue Retreat
Located in Vathia, Greece, it is a pretty idyllic spot: perfectly positioned at the southernmost point of the Greek mainland, undiscovered by the tourist crowds, boasting spectacular sea views to match any Aegean island. Housed in a centuries-old tower that was designed to keep intruders out, the fully restored guesthouse now welcomes visitors from around the globe, but not too many of them — there are just three suites, one at the base of the tower, another in its upper section, and a third in the adjoining tower house. You can learn more here.
Located in Sirmione, Italy, it’s staggering when you stop to think just how many iconic destinations Italy contains. The lake district of the north would be the absolute pride of a lesser country; here it’s one among many unmissable attractions. All of which is the long way of saying that Lake Garda is something special indeed. By extension, a hotel created from an aristocratic residence surrounded by acres of gardens and parkland with a view of the lake — a hotel like, say, Palace Hotel Villa Cortine — would be nothing short of extraordinary.
You can learn more hee.
The above photos are courtesy of the hotels.
Need a last minute gift? HCTC has gift cards for our planning services! Also, they never expire ❤️!!