As I reflect back on the past year, I want to thank you for allowing and trusting me to be apart of 165 vacations this year. Like Rudi and Jessie who waited over a year for their absolutely beautiful honeymoon! They took on New Zealand, where winter spring decided 75 degrees was appropriate (yay)! They even caught ten fish one day at the beautiful Huka Lodge! These are the moments that make up special years for us at HCTC.
These next few weeks I am looking forward to soaking up this final holiday season as a family of 4. With my upcoming maternity leave (My due date is March 1st!) here’s what the first part of the year is planning to look like:
- January: I’ll be reaching out to every single client with a trip booked to wrap up items that need taken care of, make sure you know how to contact while I’m on leave.
- I will not be taking any new trips that depart from March 1st – August 1st, but I don’t want that to stop you from reaching out. I have an amazing network of colleagues whom I trust that are ready to help with HCTC clients!
- If you are planning to travel and want my help with a departure date of August 1st or later than we’ll work on those together 🙂 Plan Your Trip form here!
- February: Making sure all loose ends are tied nice + neat and praying this sweet baby girl doesn’t show up ahead of time 😉
- March – June: Maternity leave – as mentioned, you’ll know who to contact and I do plan on checking e-mails, but I am very aware of that newborn stage being both precious and hard 😉 I may be checking emails but my team and colleagues will be jumping in to help respond!
I appreciate you being alongside me and your loyalty to HCTC! I’m so grateful to be a part of yours, especially as we move into a whole new decade!
When I get to work with a couple or family more than once, it gets better and better – I know what feedback has been given, what their expectations are and know how to better set expectations as you travel to a new to you destination!
This month I am featuring Kim and Matt’s 1st anniversary celebration to Hawaii! I had the pleasure of planning Kim and Matt’s honeymoon in ’18. This itinerary showcases some of the unique Hawaiian island adventures that are enhanced with my recommendations for hidden gems throughout their multi-island vacation!
What’s Trending in the World of Travel Right Now
- Traveling as a vegan? We’ve had the pleasure of seeking out the best vegan options in the world recently!
- So you want to travel more – we gotta plan it! Most Americans are not using that (hard earned) vacation time, much to my dismay 😉 for 90% of the destinations around the world planning between 6 – 9 months out is perfect. Exceptions what need more time, special sporting events/once in a lifetime/once a year events/Olympics/highly sought after experiences – we need anywhere from 9 – 18 months in advance. Don’t hesitate to send us an email so we can advise you and/or get you on the calendar for when things are available. For example, Oktoberfest – we like planning that in January when everything is available but it’s not before that!
- Are you a last minute holiday shopper? Travel + Leisure has you covered with their gift guide for the travelers in your life! Maybe you’re focusing more on gifting experiences this year? We offer gift certificates for HCTC planning services! Send me an email and we can that person checked off your list 😉
Here’s what where we’ve been busy planning trips to…
|The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives Sweetwaters Serena Camp
I know many of you are also small business owners and I’ve mentioned Jenna’s name numerous times over the last 2.5 years I’ve had the pleasure of working with her doing a lot of backend and sometimes front end business. She is a MASTER prepper for travel and with us being in the thick of the holiday season and with so many wonderful trips planned for next year, I thought you may find her blog post beneficial on how to prepare to take stress-free time off.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! As always, let me know how I can help you plan your next trip!