I hope you’re holding up especially through the transition from summer to the start of fall. We are working on getting in a routine for our schooling situation and I am enjoying being able to not only plan vacations but see HCTC clients successfully depart and return safely. We are also making plans for 2021 travels across the globe and it feels SO NICE to have these conversations and design itineraries.
In other news, let’s talk about what’s happening in the travel world! Below, I am sharing five articles to help continue to inform you and guide you in travel planning:
- Work-Cation/School-Cation/Road School are the hottest words in travel right now 😉 so we love this AFAR wrap up of what a lot of properties are offering you! We’re working on a project to show you how to turn this into the year of travel schooling! Get your family out on the open road/open skies and help supplement your kids education and/or keep you from going absolutely insane with 8 hours of Zoom meetings a day.
- We could all use a little extra happiness right now, right? Especially when it comes to planning a vacation. I love and agree with this this infographic by Happify Daily on how to maximize your vacation happiness!
- Where can Americans travel right now? You can find a guide by AFAR here. The CDC is also sharing travel recommendations in this article.
- State by state restrictions: You can read more about which states require what in this CNN article.
We also put together a blog post to help guide you through planning travel during the “c” times. You can check it out here and please reach out if the HCTC team can assist in any way!
This month I am featuring Noopur and Rohit’s itinerary! Last December, they flew to Europe to celebrate the holidays and their honeymoon! They started in Madrid, Spain before visiting Marbella, Spain, all before flying to France to ring in the new year in Paris. Their itinerary features a mix of beautiful hotels, cultural excursions, and a gastronomy experiences.
How fun that my own little town, Gettysburg, got a spot in Forbes Magazine! Check out their take on where to stay, what to do, and where to eat. I wholeheartedly agree with their restaurant list 😉
G Adventures is offering a few promotions to help you feel confident in planning ahead:
If you have not heard, there has been some great news recently released from American Airlines, Delta, United and others. They are eliminating change fees for good! Check out this article from AFAR that breaks down the must-know information.
We’re OBSESSED with Eleven’s (very private) angling services! If you are or know a serious fisherman, you have to check out what they offer.
We’ve gotten so many great referrals from everyone this year that we wanted to say thank you – every quarter we’ll be giving away a $150 gift card to the airline of your choice. You can always direct your loved ones to the website and there’s a spot for your name right in the Plan Your Trip form!
Looking for ways to upgrade your economy class ticket? Forbes is highlighting ways to do just that in this article. The HCTC team actually uses a few items on the list:
- Bombas socks are 110% worth their cost.
- We love the clear under eye masks to help with not looking too tired upon arrival.
- Using this facial spray in flight (or the homemade one our friend Jenna made us) helps keep our skin hydrated, too.